Today, even a single visit to the doctor or the hospital can leave you with an empty purse. Though medical facilities have improved by leaps and bounds, healthcare costs still remain unaffordable for many.Even treatments for minor ailments are not cheap anymore.So imagine the financial strain a serious illness can cause.
How is it different from a standard Mediclaim policy?
But isn't a standard Mediclaim policy enough?
Though a Mediclaim insurance covers both minor and critical hospitalization expenses, it does not provide for loss of income, mortgage repayments, educational expenses arising out of prolonged hospitalization, etc.
Critical Care policy,on the other hand, gives you a lump sum if diagnosed with any of the listed illness (see list) without any hospitalization bill to help manage critical illness expenses, as well as other financial commitments, comfortably.
Standard Plan: Covers 10 critical illnesses. Advanced Plan: Covers 12 critical illnesses plus ambulance charges of up to RS.1000
1. Cancer of Specified Severity
2. Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms
3. First Heart Attack of Specified Severity
4. Open Chest CABG
5. Kidney Failure requiring Regular Dialysis
6. Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
7. Major Organ/Bone Marrow Transplant
8. Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
9. Surgery of Aorta
10. Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Following Additional Illnesses covered only in Advanced Plan
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Motor Neuron Disease with Permanent Symptoms
For more policy details, Click the Link below: (the product is from Cholamandalam MS GICL)